Programs & Services
- 24 Hour Senior Help Line
- Adult Day Health Care
- APS Service Coordination
- Benefits Assistance – Medicare
- Care Transitions
- Congregate Meals
- DOVES® Program
- Elder Resource Guide
- ElderVention® Program
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Health Promotion
- HIV Care Directions®
- Home-Delivered Meals
- Legal Assistance
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Los Ancianos AmeriCorps
- Mosaic® Center
- R&R Respite
- Senior Adult Independent Living (SAIL)
- Speakers Bureau
Join our email list
Two more ways to give back to Area Agency on Aging
AmazonSmile and Fry's Food Stores have a simple and automatic way for you to support the Area Agency on Aging every time you shop with them, at no cost to you!
Aging Mastery Classes
Taking small steps for lifelong rewards
The Area Agency on Aging has partnered with the National Council on Aging to offer a 10-week course for those 50 and older. The series of 90-minute classes is designed to give active older adults the tools and information they need to continue an independent, dynamic and healthy lifestyle.
Classes will focus on the importance of sleep, exercise, financial fitness, medication management, fall prevention and will explore community engagement – creating circles of friends to support us as we age.
Classes will be taught by local experts including:
- Leslie Cook–Senior Trainer, Integral Institute of Qigong and Tai Chi, owner of Mindful Movement Wellness, LLC
- Kerry Halcomb, PT—KC’s Home Health
- James McDougall—Attorney, Frazer, Ryan, Goldberg and Arnold, LLP
- Sandra Mayol-Kreiser, PhD, RDN, CNSC—Clinical Associate Professor, School of Nutrition & Health Promotion, Arizona State University
- Bridget O’Brien Swartz—Attorney, Dyer, Bregman and Ferris, PLLC
- Annette Petzel, M.I.M–RP Ryan Insurance, Inc
- Johannah Uriri-Glover–Clinical Professor, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Arizona State University
Classes will be held at the following locations:
Grace Community Church
1200 E. Southern Ave., Tempe
Classes start Feb 16th, 1:00-2:30 P.M.
10101 N. 90th St., Scottsdale
Classes start February 27th, 1:00-2:30 P.M.
Area Agency on Aging
1366 E. Thomas Road, Ste. 108, Phoenix
Classes start March 9th, 4:30-6:00 P.M.
Space is limited!