Programs & Services
- 24 Hour Senior Help Line
- Adult Day Health Care
- APS Service Coordination
- Benefits Assistance – Medicare
- Care Transitions
- Congregate Meals
- DOVES® Program
- Elder Resource Guide
- ElderVention® Program
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Health Promotion
- HIV Care Directions®
- Home-Delivered Meals
- Legal Assistance
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Los Ancianos AmeriCorps
- Mosaic® Center
- R&R Respite
- Senior Adult Independent Living (SAIL)
- Speakers Bureau
Order Your Copy of the Elder Resource Guide
Join our email list
Two more ways to give back to Area Agency on Aging
AmazonSmile and Fry's Food Stores have a simple and automatic way for you to support the Area Agency on Aging every time you shop with them, at no cost to you!
Goals & Objectives 2018-2021
Goal 1: Increase awareness and understanding of aging issues and help prepare Arizona for an aging population.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of retirement planning, aging and caregiving issues targeted to Human Resources and Employee Assistance Programs in corporations.
- Create a comprehensive marketing strategy to inform older adults and caregivers about the programs and services offered by the Area Agency.
- Pilot Caregiver Resource Zones as Agency satellite offices to serve as hubs for information and support.
- Identify unmet educational needs of aging services professionals and develop a training plan.
Goal 2: Increase the ability of older adults to remain active, healthy, and living independently in their communities.
- Promote a Healthy Aging Initiative by offering educational series at non-traditional locations and by seeking new and innovative programs.
- Expand the scope of ElderVention Behavioral Health Services by partnering with health plans and offering clinical services to new populations.
- Explore alternative cost effective transportation and ride share methods.
- Develop targeted programming for special populations including holocaust survivors, LGBTQ, underserved ethnic minorities and homeless older adults.
- Explore the possibility of developing alternative grocery shopping programs.
- Enhance Agency volunteer recruitment and retention strategies to address social support needs of older adults and caregivers.
Goal 3: Increase the safety and well-being of older Arizonans.
- Provide legal information and advice through legal clinics and community partnerships.
- Create a curriculum on dating violence to educate older adults.
- Help older adults maintain financial stability by promoting programs such as rent and utility assistance, SNAP and Elderly Property Assistance Fund.
- Advocate on issues affecting clients served by the Agency at the federal, state and local levels.
For your interest and for taking the time to provide your comments. We value your input.
Please send your comments to us by noon on Monday, March 13th.